There are two types of JPJ-issued fines; compoundable fines and non-compoundable fines.

  1. Compoundable fines can be paid within a specific time duration that is stated in the summons.
  2. Non-compoundable fines must be paid at a Court that is specified in the summons.

Where to pay your fines

JPJ-issued fines can be paid at:

  1. Any state JPJ offices, branches or lower offices
  2. Through e-Services

How to pay your fines

The registered owner and the claimant must both be present at the JPJ office where the impounded vehicle is stored to reclaim the vehicle, along with:

  1. Fines can be paid by producing a copy of JPJ (P) 22 fine and the stated amount of money.
  2. For fines that come with a PG1 Notice, a PG2 Report must be enclosed along with the JPJ (P) 22 fine and the payment.
  3. The payment can be made in cash.
  4. Payments can also be made using postal order/bank draft after the amount of the fine is known.
  5. Payments can also be made using e-Services.

No appeal for compound reduction can be made. The compound rate for each case is fixed within the JPJ system.

Compoundable fines that do not come with a PG1 notice can be paid through these websites:


    Penggunaan Semula Nombor Pendaftaran Kenderaan
    Selaras dengan pindaan Akta Pengangkutan Jalan 1987... more
    New Compound Rate Implementation
    New compound rate for offences by 250cc motorcycles and motorcycles other than 250cc. more
    Prohibition on Goods Vehicle
    Prohibition on the use of goods vehicle during festive season. more
    Use of seat belts
    Regulations on the use of seat belts for rear passengers. more
    Vocational Drivers' Profile System (SPPV)
    Information on vocational drivers' profile. more
    Demerit point system for traffic offences. more
    Installation of Tinted Windows
    Specifications for installations of tinted front, rear and side. more
    Procedures to Recover Vehicles Confiscated by JPJ
    To determine the identity of driver/vehicle. more
    How to Pay Summons by JPJ
    Payments at state JPJ offices or through eServices. more
    Procedures to Apply for ICP Permit for Foreign Vehicles.
    Regulations concerning foreign vehicles and drivers entering Malaysia. more