Voluntarily Change of Ownership Guideline



a. The registered owner (seller) and the new owner (buyer) for private vehicles need to come personally for biometric fingerprints authentication;

b. Representatives may only be appointed on behalf of the registered owner or a new owner for other than privately owned vehicles;

c. Basic documents:

i. Identity confirmation of the individual:

    • The registered owner and the new owner must bring along identification documents such as myKad, MyTentera, MyPR and passport.

ii. Identity confirmation of the government / bank / finance / insurance / Association / Cooperative / Private Limited Company / Limited Company / Sole Proprietorship Business / Partnership Business / Statutory Bodies / Local Authorities / Embassy / High Commission / Consulates / International Organizations:

   • A copy of the Form 49, a copy of the resolution / minute meeting regarding the approved the sale of vehicles, Form 9 or Form 13 certified by the                       company secretary or the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) (whichever is applicable); or

   • Copy of Form D certified by SSM; or

   • Any other relevant documents of identity verification (related);

   • Sale Approval Letter of the motor vehicles.

iii. An official letter of appointment of attorney shall be carried jointly by representatives;

   • Conditions provided in 1.a.i are also applicable to the representative.

iv. Completed JPJK3 form brought along by the new owner or the representative of the new owner;

v. Motor vehicle registration certificate.

d. There is no restriction on Change of Ownership transactions such as claim of ownership record by finance companies, unresolved customs tax        records, blacklisted records and so on;

e. Motor vehicles except for motorcycles should be taken for examination in PUSPAKOM;

f. Commercial vehicles permit for registered owner has been cancelled in advance;

g. Fee is paid as stipulated.



 a.        Registered owner who is overseas

i. A copy of the passport authenticated by the Malaysian Embassy where the owner currently resides;

ii. Sales agreement declaration signed by the registered owner and confirmed by the Malaysian Embassy officials where the owner currently resides;


b.         Registered owner that cannot be found or could not be contacted

i. Court Order.


c.         Vehicles of wind up company / partnership / in liquidation managed by the Receivers and Managers / Liquidators

i. Vehicle sales agreement letter;

ii. A copy of the Form 59 certified by SSM; or

iii. A copy of the Form 70 certified by SSM; or

iv. A copy of the Form 72 certified by SSM;


 d.        Commercial vehicles

i. Off-road vehicles must undergo a Special Inspection (B2) beforehand in Puspakom;

ii. Machinery vehicles / fire vehicles / tow truck and hearse shall undergo PG11A / PG13B preliminary examination;

iii. Permit cancellation letter / change of conditions approval letter by SPAD / LPKP / Ministry of Tourism;

iv. License approval offer letter or change of conditions approval letter;

v. Completed JPJK1 form if the motor vehicles will operate as a decontrolled; or

vi. Completed JPJK11 form if the motor vehicle will operate as an off-road;

vii. Certified copy of the exemption letter from the Treasury / MITI / customs (if applicable).

artikel-kenderaan panduan tukar hakmilik secara sukarela